low calorie teriyaki chicken drumsticks. Recipes developed by Vered DeLeeuw, CNC Nutritionally reviewed by Rachel Benight MS, RD, CPT. An easy recipe for sticky, saucy, delicious teriyaki chicken drumsticks, made with a low-sugar sauce. I'm always on the lookout for ways to make chicken more.
Learn how to make this low-calorie chicken drumstick meal with help from a professional chef in this free video. Chef Laura Hahn teaches how to cook a variety of meals that will taste just as good but without all the guilt. From low-carb tortilla chips to pumpkin applesauce desserts, these are some. You can have low calorie teriyaki chicken drumsticks using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of low calorie teriyaki chicken drumsticks
- Prepare 8 of skinned chicken drumsticks.
- It’s 1/2 cup of reduced sodium soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Brown sugar.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Make an easy teriyaki sauce for these chicken drumsticks with soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Arrange drumsticks snugly on a large foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and season with salt and pepper on all sides. Baked teriyaki chicken drumsticks with an easy homemade sweet and spicy sauce you'll love! Moist chicken legs cooked in the oven in just about an hour.
low calorie teriyaki chicken drumsticks step by step
- preheat oven to 350°F.
- combine soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and cornstarch in sauce pan. add 2 tablespoons of water.
- whisk over medium heat until thickened. about 2 minutes.
- coat casserole dish lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- add chicken to dish and top with the prepared sauce.
- bake about 30 minutes or until juices run clear. I like to turn the broiler on for 5-10 minutes at the end to really caramelize the sauce..
Turn bag or stir chicken in bowl to rotate pcs. halfway thru if possible. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper to prevent skin from sticking. Traditional teriyaki chicken is not strict keto-friendly due to soy sauce, brown sugar, vegetable oil and corn starch. To ketofy it, we simply use these. Cuisine Asian, Japanese, Ketogenic, Low Carb.