Jacket Potato with Carbonara.
You can have Jacket Potato with Carbonara using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jacket Potato with Carbonara
- Prepare 4 of potatoes . (250g / 9 oz each – suitable for baking).
- You need of Salt garlic salt grinder or and grinder.
- It’s of Butter flavored “Spray2Cook” (a word used to describe any low-cal. non-stick cook’s oil spray).
- It’s 150 g of bacon medallions (thick cut ) / 5 oz..
- Prepare 100 g of onion (chopped) / 3½ oz..
- Prepare 100 g of mushroom (chopped) / 3½ oz. optional.
- It’s 4 of egg yolks large (at room temperature).
- You need 35 g of cheese low fat grated Italian hard / 1½ oz..
- You need 4 tablespoons of Greek yogurt low-fat (2%) plain.
- It’s of milk a little skim.
Jacket Potato with Carbonara instructions
- Preheat an oven to 180oC / 350oF / Gas Mark 4. Prick the potatoes all over with the end of a sharp thin knife and then microwave for 6 minutes (reduced by ½ per potato if cooking less than 4 potatoes). Place the potatoes on a clean work surface and spray all over with Spray2Cook as the sides of each potato faces upwards, and after spraying, grind the (garlic and) salt to cover. Spray an ovenproof dish and put the potatoes in the oven on this. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven, cu….
- Whilst the potato is cooking prepare the carbonara:.
- Whisk the egg yolk in a bowl. Combine the eggs, yoghurt and the cheese..
- On a covered plate microwave the bacon medallions until cooked. Do this in short bursts to avoid overcooking and stop when only just edible! – there is further cooking. Microwave the onion in a large-ish bowl for 2 minutes. Cut the bacon with kitchen scissors into small squares and add together with the mushroom to the onion..
- Pick a saucepan for the egg mixture. Half fill a smaller saucepan with boiling water and put on medium heat to keep it simmering vigorously. Whisk the egg mixture again briefly and transfer to the larger saucepan. Heat the egg mixture pan over the boiling water in the other pan – whisk and carry on whisking until the sauce is thickening. Remove from heat whilst the onion/ bacon/ mushroom microwaves for 1½ minutes. Add the other ingredients into the thickened sauce. Heat the sauce throug….
- Serve carbonara in the potato..
- Remember to add a side salad!.