Spring Lamb Casserole.
You can cook Spring Lamb Casserole using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spring Lamb Casserole
- Prepare 800 g of lamb chops (take fat off)* / 28 oz ..
- You need 750 ml of lamb stock / 25 fl . oz ..
- You need 500 g of potatoes (cubed) / 17½ oz ..
- It’s 300 g of leeks (sliced) / 10 oz ..
- You need 300 g of carrots (sliced) / 10 oz ..
- It’s 250 g of mushrooms (thick sliced) / 9 oz ..
- It’s 100 g of peas (frozen) / 3½ oz ..
- You need 1 tablespoon of cornstarch cornflour /.
- You need 2 teaspoons of thyme (dried).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of rosemary (dried).
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need of salt pepper ground and to season.
- You need of “ Spray2Cook ” ( a word used to describe any low – cal . non – stick cook ’ s oil.
Spring Lamb Casserole step by step
- Pre-heat an oven (180oC / 350oF / Gas Mark 4)..
- Put the potatoes, leeks and carrots in a casserole dish. Spray a deep lidded fry pan with Spray2Cook and put on a medium to high heat..
- Add the trimmed chops and any lean meat trimmings to the pan and brown the meat on all sides..
- Add the stock together with herbs and seasoning. Blend the cornstarch with a little water (adding slowly) and then add the blended cornstarch to the pan as it just starts to bubble..
- Allow it boil and simmer for 5 minutes before transferring the contents of the fry pan to the casserole..
- Put in the oven and cook for 75 minutes..
- Add the mushrooms and peas and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes..
- Remove the bay leaf and serve in preheated bowls like pasta dishes..