Brussels Sprouts with Cream.
You can cook Brussels Sprouts with Cream using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brussels Sprouts with Cream
- You need 200 grams of Brussels sprouts.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 50 ml of White wine.
- You need 200 ml of Water.
- Prepare 100 ml of Milk.
- It’s 1 of Bay leaf.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Consomme soup stock granules.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 50 ml of Cream (I used low-calorie vegetable cream).
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of ☆ Butter.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of ☆ Plain flour.
- Prepare 1 of several pinches to sprinkle Paprika powder (optional).
Brussels Sprouts with Cream step by step
- Rinse the Brussels sprouts and score a criss-cross at the bottoms to cook evenly, if they are big..
- Melt the butter in a pot and sauté . After tossing them in butter, add the white wine and let the alcohol content evaporate..
- Add the water, milk, bay leaf and consomme granules and simmer for about 5 minutes to cook the Brussels sprouts through. Stir occasionally..
- Combine the ☆ ingredients to make a beurre manié. Whisk it in little by little to the Step 3 mixture to thicken the sauce. Add the cream at the end and season with salt and pepper..
- Transfer onto a serving dish and sprinkle with paprika if available. Serve hot..
- [Note] My daughter is small, so I use additive-free consomme granules. This consomme is not so salty, so adjust the amount of salt..