Chicken Gravy and Accompaniments.
You can have Chicken Gravy and Accompaniments using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Gravy and Accompaniments
- You need 75 g of carrot (chopped into small cubes) / 2½ oz ..
- Prepare 150 g of onion (chopped into small cubes) / 5 oz ..
- Prepare 75 g of celery chopped (chopped into small cubes) / 2½ oz ..
- You need ¼ of chicken stock cube.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of mixed herbs.
- Prepare 500 g of chicken breasts (4 No.) / 17½ oz ..
- It’s 225 g of carrots (batons) / 8 oz ..
- Prepare 225 g of peas snow / mange tout / 8 oz ..
- It’s 750 g of sweet potatoes (25 mm / 1 inch cubes) / 26½ oz ..
- You need 500 ml of chicken stock / 17 fl . oz ..
- You need ½ of beef stock cube.
- It’s 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- It’s of salt pepper Ground and.
- Prepare of “ Spray2Cook ” (a word used to describe any low-cal. non-stick cook’s oil spray).
Chicken Gravy and Accompaniments instructions
- Pre-heat an oven to 180oC / 350oF / Gas Mark 4..
- Microwave the sweet potato for 8 minutes. Whilst still in the microwavable container spray the sweet potato with Spray2Cook and season well with the salt and pepper. Place the sweet potato on a wire grid on a baking tray and put in the oven to cook for 45 minutes. Spray the sweet potato with more Spray2Cook every 15 minutes or so..
- Put the vegetable for the mirepoix in a lidded microwavable container and sprinkle over the crumbed ¼ stock cube and herbs and then damp down with 4 tablespoons of boiling water. Microwave for 4 minutes, stir, and then microwave for another 4 minutes. Transfer the mirepoix vegetable and the remaining cooking liquid to a pan. Add some chicken stock to just immerse the vegetables, bring to the boil then turn to a gentle simmer. The mirepoix needs to simmer for at least 30 minutes. Do not l….
- Put the chicken in a lidded ovenproof dish and pour over the (hot) stock. Put the chicken in the oven for 30 minutes. Put the carrots in a pan on high heat and pour over boiling water to cover by 25mm / 1 inch. Sprinkle in the vegetable stock cube and stir. When back to the boil turn down to simmer at the boil for 15 minutes. Put the mange tout in a pan on high heat and pour over boiling water to cover by 25mm / 1 inch. When back to the boil turn down to simmer at the boil for 5 minutes..
- Put the mirepoix vegetables and cooking fluid into a hand blender beaker and add a little more of the stock from the carrots if needed. Blend thoroughly. Remove the chicken from the oven and pour most (leaving a little) of the cooking stock into the pan used to cook the mirepoix, and then return the moist chicken to the oven in the lidded container. Sprinkle the ½ beef stock cube into the chicken stock and then stir the blended mirepoix into the contents of the pan and mix well..
- Remove the chicken and carve into slices. Serve the accompaniments on warmed plates and the gravy in a warmed gravy boat for sharing. Take the first share..