Emily’s Ragu Sauce (Many Ways!).
You can have Emily’s Ragu Sauce (Many Ways!) using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Emily’s Ragu Sauce (Many Ways!)
- Prepare 800 g of tin plum tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of celery sticks (diced).
- Prepare 2 of carrots (diced).
- It’s 2 of onions (or 1 bag of frozen onions for a cheats quick fix).
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves (chopped).
- It’s 1 of bay leaf (optional).
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of tomato puree.
- It’s 300 ml of cup of stock (vegetable).
- You need of basil leaves (optional a large handful).
- Prepare of Olive oil drizzle or low Cal spray oil.
- You need of Generous helping of Salt and Black Pepper.
Emily’s Ragu Sauce (Many Ways!) step by step
- Use a large sauce pan or casserole dish. Drizzle or lightly spray the pan with olive oil or low calorie spray oil, heat the pan. I sometimes use frozen chopped onions as I find this really helps with sweating down the ingredients without using extra oil. The moisture prevents it from sticking and burning, stir regularly. So either add fresh chopped onions into the olive onion or tip the bag of frozen onions into the pan, then the garlic..
- Whilst it is simmering, chop the celery and carrots then add. Let it all simmer until soft, 10 – 15 minutes stirring occasionally. Then add the tomatoes, stock, bay leaf, basil leaves tomato puree and salt and pepper. Simmer for approximately 30 minutes..
- I then blended my sauce with a hand blender you can leave it chunky if you like. Bring a pan of water to the boil add the pasta cook it according to the instructions on your pasta. Tip √ the hole in a pasta server is supposed to be a portion size hole, per person, to pass it through!.
- Once the pasta is cooked, add the Pasta to the Sauce, let it simmer for a minute or two. Also add a ladle full of the pasta water to the sauce, this is what they do in Italian cookery books! Enjoy!!.