Creamy Leek and Potato Soup. Potato leek soup, or potage parmentier, is a French classic. It's one of the first dishes I learned to make in culinary school, right after a proper omelet, because it's an essential base soup in French cuisine. Add watercress for potage au cresson, serve it chilled for Vichyssoise — or top it with bacon.
It's like eating a bowl of baked potato, especially cooked, diced bacon is added. Peel the potatoes and cut them into pieces about the same size as the leeks. In a large saucepan or stockpot, bring potatoes and chicken broth to a boil. You can have Creamy Leek and Potato Soup using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Leek and Potato Soup
- It’s 4 of Leeks, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of medium potatoes diced.
- You need 1 of bulb of Garlic finely sliced.
- Prepare of onion medium finely sliced.
- You need 900 ml of hot stock (chicken or vegetable) use a couple of cubes.
- Prepare 200 ml of Whole fat milk.
- Prepare of Olive oil or spray low calorie oil.
- It’s of Salt and Pepper.
Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Soup season is officially here and this creamy, dairy free Leek and Potato soup will help warm you up through the winter blues. My son loves soup and I like making homemade soups for him. I tried making baby soups with minimal amounts of spices and seasoning, but he He seems to want flavorful, creamy and nutritious soups (filling), like this Creamy Leek And Potato Soup.
Creamy Leek and Potato Soup step by step
- Using a large pan place on a medium heat, spray or drizzle with oil. Throw in the leeks to gently soften. I think the best way to make the soup full of flavour is to be patient allowing them to soften slowly. Whilst they are softening, chop the onion and garlic and then throw in the pan stirring well. Meanwhile stirring regularly, chop up the potatoes..
- After about 15 minutes the leeks and onions should be reduced and sweated down. Next add the stock to the mixture, add the milk and potatoes. Bring up to boil and a gentle simmer..
- Add salt and pepper to taste. The soup needs to bubble for about 20 – 25 minutes until the potatoes are soft. Next blitz the soup in a blender. If you like your soup chunky don't bother with this next bit! Serve up and Enjoy! Yum.
The combination of leeks and potatoes is. The potato leek soup is one of the recipes I prepared for my week experiencing the SNAP food challenge. In spite of the name, this creamy vegan potato leek soup contains not a drop of cream, cashew cream, coconut milk, soy milk, or any other dairy substitutes. This vegan soup is not lacking in flavor! Add potatoes, broth, salt and pepper and boil until potatoes are tender.