You can cook Beef Stroganoff using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Stroganoff
- Prepare 400 g of filet (or sirloin) steak / 14 oz..
- Prepare 400 g of onions (chopped) / 14 oz..
- It’s 250 g of button mushrooms (quartered) / 9 oz..
- It’s 8 tablespoons of low fat crème fraîche.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of Greek yogurt low fat (0%).
- You need 125 ml of beef stock / 4¼ fl. oz..
- It’s 1 tablespoon of aspartame.
- You need 2 teaspoons of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of parsley (or fresh, a small handful chopped).
- It’s ½ teaspoon of pepper ground.
- It’s of “Spray2Cook” (a word used to describe any low-cal. non-stick cook’s oil spray.
- Prepare ½ teaspoon of paprika.
Beef Stroganoff instructions
- Put the steak on a sheet of cling film and cover with a second. Flatten with a rolling pin before cutting into strips..
- Mix the crème fraîche, yoghurt, aspartame, garlic powder, mustard paprika and pepper in a bowl and set aside..
- Microwave the onion for 5 minutes, add the mushroom and microwave for a further minute..
- Put a fry pan sprayed with Spray2Cook on a high heat until it bubbles. Turn down a little, add the steak and stir-fry until brown..
- Add the onion, mushroom and beef stock and cook to simmer for 5 minutes..
- Cut a piece of beef in half and check it is cooked to your liking. Add the ingredients set aside in the bowl and stir. Heat to warm but take off the heat before boiling..
- When serving and sprinkle with the parsley..
- Serve on rice (as pictured above) or on mashed potato. Save any left overs and chill or freeze. Re-heat and serve a half portion with a jacket potato (see below) or on toast with salad..