You can cook Chicken Marengo using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Marengo
- You need 500 g of chicken breast (skin off diced) / 17½ oz ..
- You need 225 g of onion (chopped fine) / 8 oz ..
- Prepare 300 g of mushrooms sliced / 10 oz . cans.
- You need 4 tablespoons of pasata.
- You need 1 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of parsley dried.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 2 teaspoons of garlic powder.
- You need ½ teaspoon of black pepper ground.
- Prepare of “ Spray2Cook ” (a word used to describe any low-cal. non-stick cook’s oil spray).
- It’s 75 g of carrot / 2½ oz ..
- You need 150 g of onion / 5 oz ..
- Prepare 75 g of celery chopped / 2½ oz ..
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of parsley dried.
- You need ½ teaspoon of thyme dried.
- Prepare 4 of eggs large.
- Prepare 25 g of bread WholeGrain (4 slices each weighing) / 1 oz . (small).
Chicken Marengo instructions
- Pre-heat an oven (180oC / 350oF / Gas Mark 4). Microwave the onion for 3 minutes. Spray a wide lidded casserole with Spray2Cook and fry the chicken until browned. Add the microwaved onion, the liquor from the can of mushrooms, the pasata and herbs. Mix well and just bring to boil and then put the oven for 15 minutes..
- Mix the ingredients for the sofritto adding a little water. Microwave for 4 minutes. Stir in a little more water then microwave for a further 4 minutes. Stir in still more water then microwave for another 4 minutes. Put the sofritto into a hand blender beaker and add sufficient boiling water to cover and permit blending. Blend thoroughly, remove the casserole and stir the blended vegetables through the contents. Add the mushrooms and put back in oven for a further 15 minutes..
- Near the end of the cooking time:-.
- Poach the eggs (see below); and.
- Toast the WholeGrain bread allowing time to cool – cut into thin “soldiers”..
- Remove the bay leaf. Serve in shallow dishes with pasta, gnocchi or rice (and if you choose the toast on the side) and then add the eggs on top.