Hungarian Lambs Kidneys.
You can cook Hungarian Lambs Kidneys using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hungarian Lambs Kidneys
- Prepare 800 g of lambs kidneys (skinned) / 28 oz ..
- You need 100 g of onion (sliced)* / 3½ oz ..
- You need 250 ml of lamb stock (or beef) / 8½ fl . oz ..
- Prepare 125 ml of milk skim / 4¼ fl . oz ..
- It’s 2 tablespoons of tomato purée.
- You need 1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare ½ teaspoon of marjoram.
- You need 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare ½ teaspoon of black pepper ground.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cornstarch cornflour /.
- Prepare of “ Spray2Cook ” (a word used to describe any low-cal. non-stick cook’s oil spray).
Hungarian Lambs Kidneys instructions
- Cut the kidneys in half lengthways and core – then slice..
- Microwave the onion for 2 minutes..
- Put a fry pan sprayed with Spray2Cook on high heat and, when the Spray2Cook is bubbling, turn down and fry the kidney until browned all over..
- Add the onion and mix in well..
- Add and mix the spices and wine vinegar..
- Add the stock (warm) and tomato purée..
- Stir and bring to the boil and then cover and simmer for 5 minutes..
- Add the milk and bring back to a simmer..
- Blend the cornstarch with a little water (adding slowly) and then add the blended cornstarch to the pan as it just starts to bubble..
- Stir well and simmer for a further 5 minutes before serving..
- Or serve with rice (see below).