Basic Plain Chiffon Cake.
You can cook Basic Plain Chiffon Cake using 10 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Basic Plain Chiffon Cake
- It’s 3 large of Egg yolk.
- It’s 20 grams of Granulated sugar.
- It’s 45 ml of Vegetable oil (not low-cal oil).
- You need 70 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 1 of few drops Vanilla essence.
- You need 1 of (Vanilla bean).
- Prepare 70 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 4 large of Egg white.
- You need 1 dash of Salt.
- Prepare 40 grams of Granulated sugar.
Basic Plain Chiffon Cake step by step
- Sift the cake flour. Heat milk until warm to touch. Preheat the oven to 170℃..
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites, and keep the egg whites in the fridge. Add the granulated sugar to the egg yolks, beat with a whisk until it becomes whitish..
- Add the vegetable oil to Step 2 little by little while mixing well. Add the milk and vanilla essence (or vanilla beans) and mix well..
- Add the sifted cake flour to Step 3, mix well with the whisk..
- Add a small amount of salt to the egg whites. Add granulated sugar in small batches and whip. When it starts to be foamy, add the remaining granulated sugar..
- Make a fine and glossy meringue. Stop when the egg whites form peaks with tips that curl over when the whisk is lifted. Blend in low speed..
- Stir in 1 spoonful of meringue into the egg yolk batter with the whisk and blend..
- The meringue will dry up quickly, so keep blending with the whisk..
- Add half of the remaining meringue into the batter from step 7. Fold in gently with a rubber spatula..
- Add rest of the meringue into the mixture from Step 9 , then fold it in gently from the bottom until the egg yolk batter and egg whites are completely blended..
- Pour the batter from Step 10 slowly and at a constant rate into the cake tin from a height of 10 cm. Stop when it's about 80% filled..
- Stir about 3 times with a chopstick. Hold the sides with both hands and shake. Stick the batter to the edge of the cake tin..
- Bake for 20 minutes at 170℃. Then lower to 160℃ and bake for 15~20 minutes. Check with a bamboo skewer, and if it comes out clean, it's done..
- Turn over the cake tin immediately and let cool on a bottle. When it's slightly cooled, cover with a plastic bag to avoid drying up. Remove from the cake tin when it's completely cooled..