Tender and Juicy Low-Cal Chinese Meatballs.
You can have Tender and Juicy Low-Cal Chinese Meatballs using 26 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tender and Juicy Low-Cal Chinese Meatballs
- You need of Meatballs:.
- Prepare 200 grams of Pork mince (mixed with beef mince is also OK).
- Prepare 1/4 of Onion (large).
- Prepare 1 dash of Ginger (grated).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Panko.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Katakuriko.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sake.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Pepper.
- You need of For the sweet & hot soy sauce:.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ● Soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of ● Mirin.
- Prepare 1/2 of to 1 tablespoon ● Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of ● Sake.
- It’s 1 of ● Umami seasoning (such as Ajinomoto).
- Prepare 100 ml of ● Water.
- You need of For the sweet vinegar sauce:.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of 〇 Soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of 〇 Sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of 〇 Sake.
- It’s 1 tbsp of 〇 Vinegar.
- You need 100 ml of 〇 Water.
- You need 1 of as required Katakuriko.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sesame oil (or vegetable oil).
Tender and Juicy Low-Cal Chinese Meatballs step by step
- Combine the meatball ingredients, and mix well..
- Add some more panko if the mixture is too soft. The resultant meatballs taste better with a softer meatball mixture..
- Boil water, add salt and sake (not listed in the ingredients), and boil the meatballs. The meatball mixture is quite soft, so shape the mixture into balls right before placing them in the hot water..
- Look at Helpful Hints as to how to boil the meatballs. Drain the meatballs in a colander after they are cooked through..
- Pat dry the meatballs with kitchen paper. Coat the meatballs with katakuriko evenly. Make any size of meatballs to your taste..
- Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan and brown all the sides of the meatballs to allow them to have a good colour and flavour..
- I fry the meatballs after boiling them, but you don't need to do this. After boiling the meatballs, coat them with the sauce. In this case, thicken the sauce with katakuriko dissolved in water..
- After the meatballs are browned, add the sauce ingredients of your choice. Simmer slowly over a low heat to let the meatballs absorb the sauce..
- The katakuriko coating the meatballs thickens the sauce. Reduce the sauce to let it coat the meatballs..
- Once the sauce is shiny, it is ready. Garnish with the thinly sliced white part of a Japanese leek or sprinkle with sesame seeds to finish..