Low Calorie Chicken Cordon Bleu. Place chicken in a tightly sealed plastic bag and squeeze out the air. Remove from bag and season with salt & pepper. Comprehensive nutrition resource for Chicken Cordon Bleu.
I have made chicken cordon bleu before but not this low in calories. I always used spaghetti instead of toothpicks so I didn't worry about the little ones. This low-calorie chicken cordon bleu recipe saves calories by using a crushed cornflake breading, lean ham, and part-skim mozzarella cheese. You can have Low Calorie Chicken Cordon Bleu using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Low Calorie Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Prepare 2 of boneless skinless chix breasts; sliced in halves.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 2/3 cup of reduced sodium chix broth.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- Prepare 4 of thin slice low sodium deli ham.
- Prepare 4 of ultra thin slice light swiss cheese.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
No one will guess a keto chicken cordon bleu casserole can be so delicious. Other User Submitted Calorie Info Matching: Chicken Cordon Bleu. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Where do the calories in Schwan's Chicken Cordon Bleu, frozen come from?
Low Calorie Chicken Cordon Bleu instructions
- Slice chix breast in halves, season lightly with salt & pepper, then lightly dredge in flour.
- In skillet add unsalted butter & olive oil. Add chix to skillet to cook. Cook chix til golden brown on each side..
- While chix is cooking in a mixing bowl add chix broth, dijon mustard, lemon juice & 1 tsp flour. Whisk til smooth..
- Once chix is done cooking remove from skillet & set aside. Add chix broth mixture to skillet, scraping up any left over bits stuck to the pan, then simmer for 2 mins..
- Return chix breasts to skillet, top each piece with a slice of deli ham & a slice of swiss cheese, let simmer til cheese melts. Serve & enjoy!.
Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your energy needs. These values are recommended by a government body and are not CalorieKing recommendations. This tasty cordon bleu chicken breast stuffed with ham and cheese then wrapped with bacon will make a great family dinner. Chicken is a great source of protein and high-quality fat with very few carbs. Butterfly cut each chicken breast in half, leaving it attached on one side.