Okara Mochi with Rice Bran.
You can cook Okara Mochi with Rice Bran using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Okara Mochi with Rice Bran
- Prepare 50 grams of ●Fresh okara.
- You need 3 tbsp of ●Rice bran ※Refer to Step 8.
- It’s 2 of and 1/2 tablespoons ●Katakuriko.
- Prepare 1 pinch of ●Salt.
- It’s 80 ml of ●Water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sake.
- It’s of <Rice bran powder> (optional).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Rice bran (parch in advance) ※Refer to Step 8.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Kinako.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sugar (I used a low calorie sweetener called Lakanto S, but use your choice of sweetner).
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
Okara Mochi with Rice Bran instructions
- Put all ● ingredients in a heatproof container and mix well. Cover the container loosely with plastic wrap and heat in a 500W microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds..
- Add sake and knead (as shown in the photo). Cover with plastic wrap again and heat for 40 more seconds..
- After it cools to the touch, moisten your hands, tear the mochi into bite-sized pieces, then they're ready to serve. I used rice bran powder for the right one in the picture..
- They're also delicious coated in kinako & sugar (mixed at a 1:1 ratio). I recommend this for those who are eating rice bran for the first time..
- Make healthy oyaki by combining the mochi with simmered hijiki seaweed or simmered kiriboshi daikon, then frying them in frying pan. Use any sauce you like. They are delicious sprinkled with curry powder..
- The mochi are best eaten with vitamin C. Try sprinkling on a refreshing drink powder such as [Hi Lemon] or [Lemon Tea]..
- Vary the way to serving them by filling them with adzuki and roasting them, or by serving them with a mitarashi-dango-like sauce..
- I used parched rice bran, which I dry roasted for about 2 minutes over low heat. I recommend parching it after you purchase it..
- By the way, 2 teaspoons of rice bran have the same amount of nutrition as 1 rice bowl full of brown rice..
- Also try the following recipes: [Tofu Mochi with Rice Bran], https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/149597-tofu-mochi-with-rice-bran.
- [Soft Milk Mochi with Rice Bran]. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/149599-soft-milk-mochi-with-rice-bran.