Brussels Sprouts with Cream. Steamed Brussels sprouts make a beautiful and tasty side dish with sour cream and bacon bits. What to do with Brussels sprouts? It's all in how you season them, and this recipe creates a visually appealing and flavorful side dish to any meal!
This is the ultimate quick and delicious brussel sprouts recipe! Made with cream cheese, more cheese Sort of like what my recipe for Creamy Cheesy Brussels Sprouts with Bacon did for my husband. For the most tender Brussels sprouts, look in your produce section for sprouts sold on the stalk. You can have Brussels Sprouts with Cream using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brussels Sprouts with Cream
- You need 200 grams of Brussels sprouts.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 50 ml of White wine.
- You need 200 ml of Water.
- You need 100 ml of Milk.
- It’s 1 of Bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Consomme soup stock granules.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You need 50 ml of Cream (I used low-calorie vegetable cream).
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of ☆ Butter.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of ☆ Plain flour.
- It’s 1 of several pinches to sprinkle Paprika powder (optional).
Meanwhile, stir together cream, rosemary, and garlic in a medium saucepan. Add the shallots and the Brussels sprouts and cook over medium heat until the shallots are soft and the Brussels sprouts have begun to turn golden Timesaver: Omit cheese and skip baking step. Brussels sprouts can be made in garlic cream sauce in any skillet that you happen to have available. Brussels sprouts are my new favourite vegetable and this recipes from the Guardian newspaper looks very tempting, though I haven't tried it yet.
Brussels Sprouts with Cream step by step
- Rinse the Brussels sprouts and score a criss-cross at the bottoms to cook evenly, if they are big..
- Melt the butter in a pot and sauté . After tossing them in butter, add the white wine and let the alcohol content evaporate..
- Add the water, milk, bay leaf and consomme granules and simmer for about 5 minutes to cook the Brussels sprouts through. Stir occasionally..
- Combine the ☆ ingredients to make a beurre manié. Whisk it in little by little to the Step 3 mixture to thicken the sauce. Add the cream at the end and season with salt and pepper..
- Transfer onto a serving dish and sprinkle with paprika if available. Serve hot..
- [Note] My daughter is small, so I use additive-free consomme granules. This consomme is not so salty, so adjust the amount of salt..
Trimmed and halved brussels sprouts ready to be creamed! These sprouts will keep everyone happy – bacon, double cream, almonds and parmesan make for a luscious accompaniment to Christmas turkey. Add the cream and bring the mixture to the boil. Season to taste with salt and freshly. Brussels sprouts are a member of the Brassicaceae family of vegetables and closely related to kale, cauliflower and mustard greens.