Low-Calorie Pie-Style Bread.
You can cook Low-Calorie Pie-Style Bread using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Low-Calorie Pie-Style Bread
- It’s 128 grams of ○Water.
- Prepare 100 grams of ○Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare 100 grams of ○Cake flour.
- You need 5 grams of ○Sugar.
- It’s 5 grams of ○Unsalted butter.
- You need 3 grams of ○Salt.
- Prepare 2/3 tsp of ○Dry yeast.
- It’s 1 of Your choice of filling (bolognese, curry, custard, sweet simmered apples, etc.).
- Prepare 1 of Butter.
- You need 1 of Beaten egg.
Low-Calorie Pie-Style Bread step by step
- Place all of the ○ ingredients into the bread maker and set it to the dough making course. Stop the bread maker when it is 80% of the way through mixing and leave the bread to prove in a warm place..
- Once the bread has finished proving, split it into 2 rounds, and leave it to sit for 15 minutes while covered with a damp cloth..
- Roll both pieces of dough out to the same size as the pie dish that you will use. Grease the pie dish with a little butter and line it with one of the sheets of dough. Then prick the dough with a fork. Use a bench scraper to cut the other sheet of dough into 1 cm wide strips..
- Fill the pie dish with your choice of filling, then lay the strips of dough over the top to form a lattice pattern. Use any excess dough to border the edges of the pie..
- Cover the pie with a damp cloth and leave it in a warm place to prove for a second time. (Leave it to prove for about half the length of time you would prove normal bread.).
- Glaze the pie with a beaten egg and bake it for around 25 minutes in an oven preheated to 200°C..
- This is the bolognese version. Try eating this at lunch or taking it to parties..
- This pie contains sweet simmered apples and sweet potato paste. It makes a delicious snack..
- Lastly, here is an apple jam and yogurt cream version..