Low Calorie and Inexpensive Tofu Burgers.
You can cook Low Calorie and Inexpensive Tofu Burgers using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Low Calorie and Inexpensive Tofu Burgers
- It’s 1 block of Tofu.
- Prepare 300 grams of Ground meat.
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Nutmeg.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ☆ Tomato ketchup.
- You need 3 tbsp of ☆ Japanese-style Worcestershire Sauce.
Low Calorie and Inexpensive Tofu Burgers step by step
- Place the tofu on a large plate. Press the tofu gently and put another plate on top. Cook in the microwave..
- After cooking in the microwave this much water comes out from the tofu..
- Drain away the water completely. ( Press the plate on top and tilt the plate under the tofu to squeeze out the water)..
- Chop the onion. Put the onion, ground meat, egg, drained tofu, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a bowl. Mix well by hand..
- Shape the mixture into round patties in your desired size. Gently flatten the patties and make a small dent in the centre. Place the patties in a frying pan over a high heat ( if you have IH cook at level 5). Pan-fry until the bottom side is golden brown, then turn over. In this photo I made regular sized burgers for myself and mini burgers for a bento lunch as well as for my child..
- Reduce the heat to medium and cover the pan with a lid. Fry for about 10 minutes to cook through. (We have an IH range so I cooked them at level 3.).
- I use the cooking juice after frying to make the sauce. Add ketchup and Japanese-style Worcestershire sauce to the frying pan. Simmer and stir over a medium heat. When it starts to bubble turn off the heat..
- Place the burgers on serving dishes and pour over the sauce to serve..