Low-Calorie Yakhni Pulao.
You can have Low-Calorie Yakhni Pulao using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Low-Calorie Yakhni Pulao
- You need 200 grams of chicken (curry cut).
- You need 100 grams of chicken (bones).
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown basmati rice, soaked for 30 mins.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ghee.
- It’s 1/2 inch of ginger (crushed).
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic (crushed).
- It’s 1/2 cup of onion (sliced).
- Prepare 2 of green chilies (slit).
- You need 2 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 no ½ inch of cinnamon.
- You need 1 of black cardamom.
- Prepare 2 of green cardamom.
- You need 4 of peppercorn.
- Prepare 5 of cloves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of curd.
- It’s 2-3 drops of kewra essence.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder.
Low-Calorie Yakhni Pulao instructions
- Heat 1 tsp ghee and add 1 cinnamon stick, black cardamom, 1 bay leaf, peppercorn, 2 cloves, crushed ginger garlic, and let them crackle..
- Add the chicken bones and 1/2 tsp salt and saute till the chicken gets brown..
- Add 4 cups water and cook for about an hour on slow fame..
- Once done strain the stock and keep aside..
- In another pot heat the remaining ghee and add the remaining whole spices and let them crackle..
- Add onions and green chilies and fry till they turn translucent..
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw aroma goes away. Add chicken with pepper powder, salt and saute for 5 mins..
- Add curd and kewra essence, mix and cook till oil separates. Add the stock and let it come to a boil..
- Add the rice and mix, cover and cook till the rice and chicken is cooked..