Emily’s Veggie Lasagne. Lasagne is firm favourite in the Oliver household and this is my delicious, simple and nutritious recipe that will never let you down. Want to try. more. by Visionarycook. A wonderful lasagne dish from a friend.
Today I show you guys one of my FAVOURITE ways to get sneaky veggies into my little ones. They both completely demolished their dinner. The veggie lasagne recipe is THE ONLY vegetarian lasagne recipe you will ever need in your recipe collection. You can have Emily’s Veggie Lasagne using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Emily’s Veggie Lasagne
- You need 500 gram of homemade Ragu or jarred passata.
- You need 1 of sweet potato, chopped into 1 cm slices.
- You need 1/4 of butternut squash, chopped into 1 cm slices.
- You need 1 of large red onion, finely sliced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, finely sliced.
- Prepare handful of mushrooms left whole.
- It’s 1 of yellow pepper, cut into large chunks.
- It’s 1 of large courgette, cut into half-moons 1 cm thick.
- You need of few sprigs of basil.
- It’s of Drizzle of Olive oil or spray low calorie oil.
- Prepare of Sprinkling of paprika.
- Prepare of Sprinkling of mixed dried herbs.
- It’s 250 gram of Ricotta Cheese.
- You need 3 tbsp. of heaped of quark (soft low fat cheese).
- Prepare 1 of large free range egg.
- Prepare 125 gram of mozzarella ball.
- You need of dried lasagne sheets (I used 6 but you can use more depending on your dish).
- You need 2 of large tomatoes.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
Well, it's just filled with layers of delicious, simple and basic vegetables. Nun die Lasagne in eine große Auflaufform einschichten. Zuerst etwas Sauce, darauf Lasagneblätter, die Hälfte der Gemüsemischung, dann Lasagneblätter und wieder etwas Sauce geben. Vegetable lasagnes are versatile, delicious and make a great alternative to the traditional meaty dish.
Emily’s Veggie Lasagne step by step
- Pre- heat the oven to 200 degrees (US 392 DF) I had ragu in the freezer from my batch cooking early on in the month. Using a large baking tray, drizzle it with olive oil or spray oil. Put the sweet potato, butternut squash, onion, garlic, mushrooms, pepper, courgette, basil, paprika, mixed herbs and salt and pepper onto the tray, give it a good stir around. Put it into the oven for around 30 – 35 minutes until they have softened..
- Whilst the veggies are cooking mix the ricotta and quark in a large bowl with a free range egg, salt and pepper stir well. Slice the tomatoes ready for the decoration. Drain the mozzarella and tear into chunks ready for decorating. When the vegetables have softened lift out of the oven..
- Using a casserole dish, spoon on half the mixture onto the base of the dish. Then add half of the ragu mixture. Place the lasagne sheets on top of the ragu pressing down. Next repeat the same. On the final layer of the lasagne, spoon and spread on the ricotta mix. Decorate with mozzarella, basil and tomatoes and salt and pepper. Place into the oven for 40 minutes, making sure the pasta sheets have softened and the cheese is all golden and bubbling on the top..
Jam packed with roast vegetables or pulses. "Meaty" Vegetarian Lasagne. This lasagne is for all y'all who aren't into layers of vegetables nestled in between pasta and sauce, masquerading as lasagne. This vegetable lasagne feeds a crowd, perfect for family dinners or vegetarian entertaining. Try our vegetarian lasagne recipe made with porcini mushrooms for a veggie alternative to the classic. Renee demonstrates how to make a veggie lasagne using zucchini and eggplant for the layers. ▼ make lasagna for you today and not just any lasagna with making veggies on you when I say that is.