Baking with Children Easy Low-Calorie Brownies.
You can cook Baking with Children Easy Low-Calorie Brownies using 6 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baking with Children Easy Low-Calorie Brownies
- You need 100 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 100 grams of Margarine (unsalted if you have it).
- Prepare 100 grams of Light brown sugar (or white sugar).
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 50 grams of Cocoa powder.
- You need 1 of few drops Vanilla oil (or vanilla essence).
Baking with Children Easy Low-Calorie Brownies step by step
- Line a brownie tray with baking paper..
- Melt the margarine in a microwave (this usually takes about 3 minutes)..
- Add the cocoa into the margarine a little at a time and mix until smooth..
- Crack the eggs into a separate bowl and whisk them for 3 minutes..
- Gradually mix the sugar into the eggs well..
- Add the vanilla oil to the eggs and sugar, then pour the cocoa mixture from Step 3 into the bowl too. Combine well..
- Sift in the cake flour..
- Then fold in the cake flour using a rubber spatula..
- Pour the brownie mixture into the pan and even out the surface (the mixture should be quite firm). Bake the brownies in an oven preheated to 160°C for 25 minutes..
- Once the brownies have cooled, cut them into slices and serve..
- I think that these brownies are relatively sweet, but since they're made with just cocoa they may have quite a mature flavour..
- When I take these to children's parties I usually coat them in white chocolate that's been melted in a bain-marie..
- I also sometimes cover them in chocolate sprinkles..
- Unsalted margarine is ideal for this recipe but lately I've found myself using a low-calorie spread that's been on offer at the shop..
- For my friends with a sweet tooth, I tend to add 50-70 g non-melt chocolate chips into the mixture as well..