Swiss Tuna melt. We like Swiss tuna melts served with homemade vegetable soup. You'll love the crunch that celery gives to the creamy tuna filling.—Karen Owen, Rising Sun, Indiana. Completely drain (press) tuna and flake.
Looking for a low carb version? Tuna melt sandwich makes a perfect lunch or breakfast. Besides being one of the best tuna sandwiches Any brand of Swiss cheese will do. You can cook Swiss Tuna melt using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Swiss Tuna melt
- It’s 1 can of tuna (6 oz chunk in water).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of light mayonaise.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sweet pickle relish.
- It’s 2 slice of swiss cheese.
- It’s 2 slice of low calorie whole wheat bread.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of light margerine.
It is always best to use your favorite/trusted brand. Open Faced Tuna Melt is the ultimate sandwich for all you tuna lovers! Serving them open faced is an easy way to make them healthier Use another cheese like Swiss or gouda in place of the cheddar. The Best Tuna Melt Sandwich I've Ever Made
Swiss Tuna melt step by step
- Completely drain (press) tuna and flake..
- Place tuna, mayonaise and relish in bowl. Thoroughly mix..
- Lightly toast bread..
- Place enough Swiss cheese to thinly cover one slice of bread..
- Add the entire tuna mixture (this isn't a skimpy melt) to the bread slice. Pack it on..
- Place enough Swiss cheese on the second slice of bread to thinly cover. Place on tuna mix so the tuna is between cheese slices..
- Use enough margerine to lightly butter the top slice of bread. Place buttered side down in hot skillet..
- While first side is browning, use remaining margerine to butter the second slice of bread. Flip and brown until the bread is done and the cheese has melted on both sides..
- Serve with soup or salad..
In a bowl, combine the tuna, Swiss cheese, green onion and celery. I cut this recipe back for a light lunch, really pleased to find this is a delicious and easy to make Tuna Melt. Swiss Tuna Melts – cut mayo/sour cream in half or some say will be too runny; also could use cheddar cheese. I remember my mother making a different version of this. it had diced onion & green pepper and was made with condensed mushroom soup instead of the mayo. – – Relatives have asked me for. Combine tuna with onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, eggs, and gerkins.