Low-cal Chiffon Cake.
You can cook Low-cal Chiffon Cake using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Low-cal Chiffon Cake
- You need 6 of Egg whites.
- You need 60 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 100 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 1 of and 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder.
- You need 3 of Egg yolk.
- Prepare 30 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 60 grams of Plain yogurt.
- You need 20 ml of Vegetable oil.
Low-cal Chiffon Cake instructions
- I used artificial sugar instead of sugar, shortening and low-cal oil instead of vegetable oil, and bottled organic lemon juice instead of lemon juice. For the flour, I used organic cake flour from Hokkaido prefecture..
- In a big bowl, add egg yolks and 30 g of sugar. Whisk using a hand mixer until it turns white. Then add the yogurt and lemon juice..
- In a separate bowl, add the egg whites and whip. When they become smooth add 60 g of sugar in 2-3 batches. Whip until stiff peaks form..
- Add vegetable oil to the Step 2 bowl and add the sifted dry ingredients..
- This is how it looks like when everything has been well mixed..
- Add the egg whites in 2-3 batches and mix gently..
- Pour the batter into an ungreased pan. Bake for about 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 180℃. When it's baked, turn the pan up side down to cool..
- Run a palette knife around the pan to remove the cake. Top with a small amount of powdered sugar instead of cream. If it's not sweet enough, add raisins to the batter..