Veg Low Calorie Mayonnaise.
You can cook Veg Low Calorie Mayonnaise using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Veg Low Calorie Mayonnaise
- Prepare 1/2 of cup+1/2 cup Milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil extra Virgin olive oil, non refined sunflower oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of white vinegar or 2 tbsp lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar or 2 tbsp honey.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of yellow or black mustard (kali/pili sarso or rai.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Black pepper or white pepper (kali mirch/safed mirch).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
Veg Low Calorie Mayonnaise step by step
- Take corn flour in a mixing bowl, add 1/2 cup Milk to it and whisk it well without any lumps..
- Take mustard seeds and powder it coarsely, I used my hand mortar and pestle to do this, set aside.Take remaining 1/2 cup Milk in a pan and heat it up..
- Once milk is boiled, add cornflour milk mixture and keep stirring with a whisk. Keep in low flame and keep cooking..
- Keep cooking it until it is thick and creamy. Make sure the flame is low..
- Keep whisking until it is thick.cool down completely. After cooling then take it in a deep blending glass (jar). I am using hand blender..
- Add lemon juice and oil to it..
- Then blend it to a smooth paste.see how creamy it is and then add honey to it..
- Blend it little and again notice that honey has been mixed in this smooth creamy consistency..
- Now transfer this to a bowl, add salt,black pepper and mustard powder to it..
- Whisk it well until it is creamy..
- Tasty mayonnaise is ready to use.store it in air tight container &refrigerate it.Mayonnaise has shelf life of 2-3 days..
- Note:-1)Add little milk and mix it nicely if mayonnaise has become very thick and difficult to spread.2) spices are optional, you can make this mayo plain.3) you can use any oil of your choice.4) Don't skip mustard powder as it's the main ingredient that gives good flavour to the mayonnaise. 5 Always use freshly ground pepper for the good texture and flavour to the mayonnaise..