Fajita green chile enchiladas. Sprinkle with Fajita Seasoning, salt and pepper. These are made with corn tortillas stuffed with roasted green chiles and jack cheese, then smothered with roasted tomatillo salsa verde. To make these green chile enchiladas of course you'll want to start with some good green chiles.
I'm making chicken and cheese enchiladas in this recipe, but keep in mind that you can use just about any protein you want as the Hatch sauce is the key to this dish and everything else is just a bonus. Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas are a classic American family favorite! Chicken enchiladas can easily be frozen and reheated for later enjoyment. You can have Fajita green chile enchiladas using 8 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fajita green chile enchiladas
- Prepare 1 package of 100 calorie tortillas (Chichi's).
- Prepare 1 of large package of chicken tenderloins.
- It’s of Fajita marinade of your choice.
- Prepare 4 ounces of onion, green, red pepper each.
- You need 1 (15 oz) of can of green chile enchiladas sauce.
- You need 1 (4 oz) of can of chopped green chile.
- You need 8 tbsp of cream cheese.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded low fat cheddar jack cheese.
Simply assemble the enchiladas as instructed in the recipe. Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas – Creamy, cheesy and full of flavor! This recipe is absolutely to-die-for.better than a Mexican restaurant! Creamy green chile chicken enchiladas…cheesy, full of flavor and super satisfying!
Fajita green chile enchiladas step by step
- Start by letting your chicken breast soak up fajita marinade this is Wegman's brand. I let it marinade for about 6 hours while I was at the pool.
- You can cook it however you prefer. I like the airfryer because it locks the flavor, cooks fast and everything stays moist. My chicken took about 20 minutes with some turning..
- While your chicken is cooking chop up your fajita veggies. I grabbed a packet already made up. Toss them in a nonstick pan. It's just to get them soft not fully cooked..
- When the chicken is done remove and chop up into small pieces since we're not shredding the meat.
- Toss chicken in a bowl with green chiles, fajita veggies, and cream cheese..
- Here it is all combined well.
- I weighed all of my filling and had a little over 40 ounces so that's about 5 ounces per enchilada of filling..
- After you have filled your tortillas line them up in a baking dish that has been sprayed.
- Pour your can of green chile sauce and spread out evenly.
- Top with shredded low fat Colby jack.
- Bake at 375 for 35 minutes.
- Take out let it rest then serve. I topped mine with plain Greek yogurt and fresh salsa.
- MFP information 370 calories with 30 g of protein for 1 enchilada no toppings.
Believe me when I say these are SO GOOD! This recipe is an absolute favorite. Creamy Spinach and Cheese Green Chile Enchiladas-we love these creamy and cheesy vegetarian enchiladas. They are simple to make and freeze beautifully! Before we had Maxwell, we made a few freezer meals so we would have something good to eat on the days when we were too tired to cook.