Cheap, Easy, and Low-Calorie Homemade Cream Cheese.
You can have Cheap, Easy, and Low-Calorie Homemade Cream Cheese using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheap, Easy, and Low-Calorie Homemade Cream Cheese
- You need 500 ml of Milk (or soy milk).
- It’s 1 of for refreshing cream cheese: 1/2 carton Heavy cream.
- Prepare 50 ml of Lemon juice.
- You need 1 of two pinches Salt.
Cheap, Easy, and Low-Calorie Homemade Cream Cheese instructions
- Put the heavy cream into a heat-resistant bowl and microwave using the "heat milk" mode. Be careful not to let it boil..
- Add lemon juice to Step 1, wait 10 minutes, and then gently and slooooowly move it around. (Don't move it quickly or suddenly). The milk component will quickly separate..
- Place 2 paper towels into a colander and pour in Step 2. Let it strain for 2-3 hours. If it's being stubborn, after the allotted time, use your hands to squeeze out the remaining moisture..
- This is what it looks like after 1 hour. It made a lot! This condition finishes the hard cream state (about the same as soft cream cheese)..
- [If you want to finish hardening] Transfer to a new paper towel or dish cloth and gently squeeze out the moisture with both hands. .Don't squeeze it too much!.
- Transfer it to a bowl and add salt. Knead it with a rubber spatula until it becomes smooth, and then it's finished. (The amount of kneading and labor and finished smoothness varies by person!).
- If you let it naturally drain, as in Step 4, it will be the type of cream just right for spreading. It will be easy to spread on bagels or sandwiches..
- You should use the whey that was left behind in place of water when baking bread. Even after 3 days, the bread is still moist!.