Low-Calorie Pallipalayam Chicken Fry.
You can have Low-Calorie Pallipalayam Chicken Fry using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Low-Calorie Pallipalayam Chicken Fry
- Prepare 500 grams of chicken (curry cut).
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 150 grams of shallot, sliced.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves chopped.
- You need 1/2 inch of ginger chopped.
- You need 2 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- You need 6 of dried red chilies, cut in 3 pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper powder.
- Prepare 5 sprigs of curry leaves.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of dry grated coconut.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, roasted.
- It’s 2 tbsp of coriander leaves, chopped.
Low-Calorie Pallipalayam Chicken Fry step by step
- Marinate the chicken with ginger garlic paste, lemon juice and half of the salt, turmeric and red chilli powder for an hour..
- Heat oil in a pan and add in the cumin seeds and curry leaves..
- Once they splutter add dried red chilies, ginger and garlic and fry for a min..
- Add in the shallots and fry till they turn soft and translucent..
- Add the coconut and fry till it starts to change the colour to light brown..
- Add the spices and salt and fry until it starts to stick at the bottom of the pan..
- Add in the chicken and fry for 5 mins or till the oil starts separating. Cover the pan and cook on low flame in it's own juices till it's done..
- Keep mixing the chicken in regular intervals to avoid sticking and burning. Once the chicken is cooked to uncover the pan, add the sesame seeds and fry for a min on high flame to get a crispy texture..
- Switch off the flame, add coriander leaves. Give a mix and serve hot..