You can cook Lamb Kofta using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lamb Kofta
- You need 26½ oz of lamb lean steak (ground / minced*) ..
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of cumin ground.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of coriander ground.
- It’s 1½ teaspoons of chili flakes.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of garlic powder.
- Prepare to taste of salt pepper and.
- Prepare of “ Spray2Cook ” ( a word used to describe.
- Prepare of any low – cal . non – stick cook ’ s oil spray ).
- It’s 8 of long wooden kebab sticks.
- You need 3½ oz of cucumber (very finely chopped) ..
- You need 10 tablespoons of Greek yogurt low-fat (2%).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- It’s handful of mint fresh (chopped).
- It’s 2 teaspoons of cumin ground.
Lamb Kofta instructions
- Soak the kebab sticks in water for at least 20 minutes..
- Grate the cucumber. Place on paper kitchen towel a squeeze lightly to remove liquid. Repeat if necessary. Check the yield of grated cucumber is 100g / 3½ oz. Mix all the ingredients for the dip together and place in a bowl or bowls..
- Mix the minced lamb with the cumin, coriander, chili and garlic. Work well with your hands to ensure the spices permeate the meat. Season with salt and pepper and mix again. Divide the spiced and seasoned meat into 8 equal portions. Roll each into a ball and then elongate into a sausage shape. Press a skewer through the length of the kofta and spray all over with Spray2Cook..
- Place the kebabs under the broiler / grill on a narrow mesh gridded pan (set at high) 10 cm / 4 inches from the heat. Grill, turning to cook evenly, for approximately 10 minutes. Serve with the dip..
- Alternatively grill on the BBQ for roughly the same amount of time but, as the heat varies, take care to ensure cooking is complete and do not allow charring. Also take care that the grill bars do not stick to the meat..