Slow Cook Beef Casserole.
You can cook Slow Cook Beef Casserole using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cook Beef Casserole
- Prepare 450 g of beef chuck stewing – (cubed) / 16 oz ..
- Prepare 450 g of potato (cubed) / 16 oz ..
- You need 250 g of onion (sliced) / 9 oz ..
- You need 250 g of carrots (thick discs) / 9 oz ..
- You need 175 g of button mushrooms / 6 oz ..
- It’s 175 g of celery (thick slices) / 6 oz ..
- You need 100 g of peas frozen / 3½ oz ..
- Prepare 600 ml of beef stock made from cubes / 20 fl . oz . 2.
- You need 1 tablespoon of tomato purée.
- Prepare 1½ teaspoons of thyme dried.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cornstarch cornflour /.
- Prepare ½ teaspoon of black pepper ground.
- Prepare 100 g of onion (chopped fine) / 3½ oz ..
- You need 50 g of carrot (chopped fine) / 2 oz ..
- Prepare 50 g of celery (chopped fine) / 2 oz ..
- Prepare of “ Spray2Cook ” (a word used to describe any low-cal. non-stick cook’s oil spray).
Slow Cook Beef Casserole step by step
- Put the potato, onion, carrots and celery in a microwavable container with 4 tablespoons of water. Microwave for 4 minutes..
- Meanwhile spray a wide based lidded pan with Spray2Cook and when the Spray2Cook is bubbling add the beef and stir and fry until browned all over..
- Add the microwaved vegetables and continue to cook with the lid on for 5 minutes. Add the stock (hot). Add the purée, thyme pepper, and bay leaves. Blend the cornstarch with a little water (adding slowly) and then add the blended cornstarch to the pan as it just starts to bubble..
- Turn the lidded pan down to a simmer or transfer to a slow cooker set at high until it again bubbles then turn down the slow cooker as needed – either way cook at a "bubbling" simmer for 4 hours..
- After 2 hours 45 minutes microwave the mirepoix vegetables with 4 tablespoons of the stock from the slow cooker for 4 minutes. Remove from the microwave, shake and add 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave for a further 4 minutes. Again remove from the microwave, shake and add 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave for a further 4 minutes.Blend the mirepoix vegetables with a hand blender to a paste and add together with the peas to the simmering casserole..
- Continue to simmer for the final hour of cooking time. Remove the bay leaves. Serve and enjoy..