Sweet and Sour Chicken Low Calorie. A VERY Low Cost Sweet & Sour Chicken using cheap ingredients to make it as easy as possible. Added Pineapple and Sweet & Sour Sauce. Sweet and Sour Chicken Skillet – Basic Chicken Skillet Variation by Eat at Home.
When we have this healthy sweet and sour chicken in the fridge, he doesn't want to roll with my new recipes or order takeout when I'm too tired to cook. Calories in Chinese Sweet And Sour Chicken. Ingredient Specific Calorie Information From Our Recipes: Calories In Chinese Sweet and Sour Chicken. You can cook Sweet and Sour Chicken Low Calorie using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet and Sour Chicken Low Calorie
- You need 4 of chicken breasts.
- You need 1 of chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 of peppers chopped green and red.
- Prepare 1 can of water chestnuts.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic crushed.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of grated Ginger.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 can of pineapple chunks.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of corn flour.
- It’s 150 ml of water.
- You need 2 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of white wine vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soft brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- You need to taste of chilli flakes.
Fried rice, sweet and sour chicken, general tso's, chow mein. Everything I can't have on a ketogenic diet. The other day I was surfing the internet and saw a picture of some delicious looking sweet and sour chicken. All of those memories of Chinese food flooded back to my mind, making me crave.
Sweet and Sour Chicken Low Calorie instructions
- To make sauce, drain pine apple juice add three tablespoons of it to corn flour. Make a paste.
- Add rest of juice, water, soy, vinegar, sugar, tomato ketchup, and chilli..
- Chop chicken..
- Add oil to wok stir and fry onions and peppers for five minutes..
- Add chicken..
- After five minutes, add garlic and ginger, pineapple and water chestnuts, and stir fry for one minute..
- Then add sauce to wok, stir well and season with salt & pepper to taste. Simmer till chicken is cooked..
Reheat sauce if it was stored in the fridge. Coat chicken in ½ cup of the Sweet n Sour sauce. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Absolutely the best sweet and sour chicken recipe I've ever tried. My husband and I thought it was delicious.