A quick and easy pasta salad with BBQ chicken and bacon in a creamy BBQ sauce dressing!
- 1 pound pasta (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 ounces bacon, cut into small pieces (optional)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package, drain, mix with olive oil and let cool, mixing every 5 minutes. (The oil and mixing helps prevent it from sticking together while it cools.)
- Meanwhile cook the bacon until crispy and set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste, and grill (or pan fry), over medium-high heat until cooked through, about 3-5 minutes per side, before setting aside to cool, basting with BBQ sauce and slicing into bite sized pieces.
- Assemble salad with the pasta, bacon, chicken, bell pepper, corn, beans, onion.
- Mix the BBQ sauce and mayo to make the dressing.
- Toss the salad and dressing along with the cilantro and green onions and enjoy!
You can read Full Here : https://www.closetcooking.com/bbq-chicken-pasta-salad/