A tasty Chinese chicken dish with spicy chilies and mouth numbing sichuan peppercorns that is so quick and easy to make!
- 1 tablespoon oil (peanut or vegetable)
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 10 dried red chilies
- 1 teaspoon sichuan peppercorns, toasted and ground (optional)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced/grated
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced/grated
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (or water)
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chinkiang (Chinese black vinegar) (or balsamic vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Heat the oil in a large skillet (or wok) over medium-high heat, add the chicken and saute until lightly golden brown.
- Add the chilies, sichuan peppercorns, garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the mixture of the broth, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and cornstarch, bring to a boil and simmer until it thickens a bit, about a minute.
- Remove from heat, mix in the peanuts, sesame oil and green onions and enjoy over rice or noodles!
You can read Full Here : https://www.closetcooking.com/kung-pao-chicken/