A simple and tasty pasta salad with all of the flavours of Mexican street corn, aka elote.
- 1 pound pasta (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder (or cayenne) (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup cotija (or feta), crumbled
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Cook the pasta as directed on the package, drain, mix with oil and let cool, mixing every 5 minutes. (The oil and mixing helps prevent it from sticking together while it cools.)
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat, add the corn, and let it sit cooking until charred, mix it up and let it char again, about 6-10 minutes.
- Mix the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, salt, pepper and chili powder.
- Assemble the salad, toss and enjoy!
You can read Full Here : https://www.closetcooking.com/mexican-street-corn-pasta-salad/