A quick and easy Moroccan tagine style dish, a beef stew with an amazing array of flavours!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced/grated
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced/grated
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups beef broth
- 8 dates, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 8 dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup olives, sliced
- 1/4 of a preserved lemon, pith removed, and peel rinsed and chopped *
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1/4 cup almonds (sliced or slivered), toasted
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped, optional)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped, optional)
- Cook the ground beef, onions and carrots in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, breaking the beef apart as it cooks, until the beef is cooked, before draining off and excess grease.
- Add the garlic, ginger, paprika, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, cardamom, cayenne, and tomato paste, and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth, dates, apricots, raisins, olives, preserved lemon, honey, harissa and saffron, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
- Server garnished with almonds, cilantro and parsley.
You can read Full Here : https://www.closetcooking.com/moroccan-beef-tagine/