Crispy baked cheddar and cracker crusted chicken!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, trimmed and butterflied or pounded thin
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup flour (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheese cracker crumbs (or panko bread crumbs) (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- Season the chicken with the mixture of the onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper to taste.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour, shaking off any excess, dip in the eggs, shaking off excess and press into the cheese followed by the cracker crumbs, before placing on a rack on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 400F/200C oven until the chicken is cooked through, the cheese has melted and the crackers are golden brown and crispy, about 20-25 minutes.
You can read Full Here : https://www.closetcooking.com/crispy-cheddar-chicken/